How can we help you?
This page contains the most frequently asked questions to Danphone.
We have categorized the topics to make it easy for you, to find what you are looking for.
If you cannot find the answer to your question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be pleased to help you!
- Please check your SPAM-mail, since some emails are filtered out by security settings.
- Make sure, that your test box is within calibration. Otherwise the test box cannot be updated.
- To identify the current software version on your Futronic MKII, please see our guideline here.
- Most likely there has been an interruption of the communication between the PC and the testbox during the update process. We will recommend that you try to run the software update once again. When you start the unit you don’t push any buttons until after a few seconds when the “please wait” appear on the display. Then you press the left button just once and proceed with the update as described in our step-by-step guide here.
- The FTDI CDM windows driver is normally installed automatic during regular windows updates, but it can also be done manually. Find it here: https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM21228_Setup.zip
- To identify the serial number on your Futronic MKII please see our guideline here.
- Futronic test boxes is covered by a 24 months warranty from the delivery date. Within the warranty period, Danphone undertakes to repair any proven defects or, optionally, to supply a full or partial replacement. The warranty is subject to calibration and expires if the calibration due date is expired.
- The first calibration is required after one year and then every second year. Each time, Danphone issues a new calibration certificate valid for two years.
- Danphone in Pandrup, Denmark, is the only certified calibration center for Futronic test boxes.
- The calibration includes a general product check-up, a software update to the latest version and a calibration certificate valid for two years.
- The course is hosted in Skagen, Denmark by MARTEC.
- Yes. The participants are awarded with a MARTEC certificate that states that the participant has completed the GMDSS-AIS Surveyor Course, which is approved by DNV-GL as a certified learning programme.
- The course is conducted for both new and expirenced radio surveyors. To participate you must have a valid General Operator Certificate (GOC).